This may seem kind of crazy but… Sometimes God speaks to me in strange ways. You may never look at an Almond Joy as just a candy bar. Okay… So what is an Almond Joy?
It’s a little bit of almond laying on a cloud of sweet, creamy-coconut delight surrounded by milk chocolate! Oh how I love almond joy candy bars!!
Almond Joy is kind of like our lives…
1) The almond represents the hard times
• Challenges/storms that come and go (sickness, overwhelming debt, maybe unfair personal treatment, death of a loved one, ___________________ fill-in your hardship).
The world will throw hardships at us from time to time! Sometimes more often than we care for. We cry and pour our hearts out to The Lord. He already knows what we are going through. It’s in the hard times that we need to learn how to lay the burden down at the foot of the cross. We eventually do walk through to the other side. Weeping may endure for the night, but JOY comes in the morning! Psalm 30:5
2) Then there’s the creamy sweetness
• It’s all the blessings God pours on us! (The Holy Spirit, His unfailing love, His forever faithfulness, children, grandchildren, good health, life-giving relationships, and so much more) What an wonderful picture! We lay our burdens down (the hard stuff) and get to taste the sweetness of God’s awesomeness!
3) Let’s not forget the rich milk chocolate covering
• It represents God’s grace covering us
• His presence surrounding us
Next time you take a bite into an Almond Joy, remember: Taste and see that the LORD is good. Oh, the joys of those who take refuge in Him! Psalm 34:8 Please leave me a comment. I’d love to hear from you. Sign up to receive my posts via email. We can be blogging friends.